Details of State Level National Talent Search Examination (NTS), Bhubaneswar, Odisha 2013-14
Applications are invited for State Level National Talent Search Examination, 2013-2014 to select 121 candidates for National Level Talent Search Examination, 2014 from eligible students studying in Class X in recognized schools located in the state of Odisha. State Level National Talent Search Examination, 2013-2014 will be held on 17.11.2013 (Sunday) as per details given below.
Details of NTS:-
Examination:- National Talent Search Examination, 2013-2014 will be conducted in two stages.
Stage – I :- State Level National Talent Search Examination will be conducted on 17.11.2013 (Sunday) for selection of candidates to National Talent Search Examination.
Stage – II :- National Level Talent Search Examination will be conducted by NCERT for candidates selected through Stage – I. The National Level written examination will be conducted on 11.05.2014 (Sunday).
Examination Fees :-
The candidates are not required to pay any examination fee. However, they shall have to bear their own expenses for coming and going to Examination Centre to appear at the examination.
Students studying in Class X during 2013-2014 in recognized schools in Odisha are eligible to appear National Talent
Search Examination. They must have passed Class IX Annual Examination securing at least 60% of marks or equivalent (relaxable by 5% for reserved categories). There will be no domicile restriction.
State Quota for Odisha :-
121 candidates will be selected for National Level National Talent Search Examination. Within this quota there will be 15% reservation for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 3% for Physically challenged candidates.
How to Apply : -
The candidate / institution can fill up the Online Application Form by logging www.scertorissa.org. After filling up of the Application Form online, he / she is required to take the printout of the same and forward it to the concerned District Education Officer through Head of the Institution. The District Education Officer will allot the Examination Centre, scrutinize and verify all the documents and put the auto generated twelve digit roll number and validate the Online Application Form. The Admit Card will be prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidate / Institution for appearing the Examination.
Time Schedule : -
- Online filling up of Application Forms by the Head of Institutions By 28.08.2013
- Submission of countersigned hard copies of Application Forms by the Headmasters / Headmistress to the DEOs. By 31.08.2013
- Validation of Application Forms after scrutiny by District Education Officers By 15.09.2013
- Download of Admit Cards by the Heads of Institution 15.10.2013 to 25.10.2013
- Despatch of Roll Sheets to the Centres by TE and SCERT By 15.11.2013
- Date of Examination 17.11.2013 (Sunday)
Documents to be submitted along with the Hard copy of the Online Application Form :-
- Caste Certificate, as applicable, for SC / ST candidate issued by the concerned Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar.
- Disability Certificate for Physically Handicapped candidates issued by the concerned District Medical Board.
Filled in hard copies of Online Application Forms received after 31.08.2013 / not countersigned by the concerned Head of School will not be accepted.